Sunday, July 22, 2012

Darn it!

Ah, HTML, you foil me again...

Still HTML bobo
 Over a month ago I had this brilliant idea of adding a page to this blog. That page would be dedicated to faith. Seeing as how a my faith and my service make up a huge part of my life, it only seemed natural that I would have a separate section for it.

I don't envision myself writing long, theological pieces. I can barely write "regular" pieces as it is. Trust me, my list of to-write-abouts is getting longer by the occassion. Nor do I think I have the patience (aka intelligence) for profound expositions on issues of the Catholic Church.

What I would like to have is a repository of the many little things that I come across and that strike me deeply when I am at mass, at worship, at a teaching, in conversations or in prayer. Just those one or two lines of wisdom that help me understand a little more, feel loved a little more, become thankful a little more.

There was a time, when I was just beginning my faith journey, that I just soaked up knowledge like a sponge. I was enlightened by everything and I felt myself growing in leaps and bounds. But the danger with knowing something, is the tendency to start thinking you know everything. Accidental arrogance comes in and you start believing that nothing you're hearing is new.

But be that as it may, there is always value to being reminded. Because in my experience, what I have heard of before is also likely something I've previously forgotten. Each reminder is a brand new eureka moment.

And, if I'm really going to be honest about it, I need the cheat sheet. I don't have an eidetic memory and some really important realizations are going to slip by me because I didn't have a place to write it down. Or a place to read it. I suppose I could always use a paper notebook, but isn't that so 20th century? ;)

So here I am again, staring at my computer with a vision in mind and no foreseeabe way of achieving it. Short of learning HTML code (one more thing that is so last season...).

In as much as I'd like to put up that page, tonight will not be the night. I concede this round to that dastardly HTML. 

But don't count me out yet. 

Just... don't hold your breath waiting for me to return.

try and try again
Share: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beep. *beeeep* :)