Wednesday, July 25, 2012

admiration

While taking a quick break from work I decided to do a little cybersnooping. Now before you go all judge-y on me, hear me out. ;)

Once, while talking to our staff analyst, I noticed on her computer an open web page. As someone with a similar cyberproperty, I immediately recognized the telltale signs that said the page on her screen was a blog. And I knew intuitively that the blog was hers. There is something about being a blogger that makes you feel an immediate connection with other bloggers. When you find them amidst the randomness, it is like finding your kin. You're bound together by the connections of the worldwide web. So I developed this compulsion t find her page.

Further fueling me on was the fact that she has never said anything about her little passion on the side. But then again, neither have I. If she is like me, then I suppose she wishes to keep part of her personal life separate from her professional life. Or perhaps she's just biding her time. At any rate, today I decided to finally go take a look.

I was delighted by what I saw. It wasn't even the contents of the page that tickled me because her subject is something I have absolutely have no knowledge or skill on. But I loved the vibe of her blog. It was fun, feminine and happy.

And I couldn't help but admire that she had such a passion for her topic. Enough that her posts came in quick succession. I can barely get one out a month! Which is silly when I think about how blessed I am to have so much I could possibly write about.

The problem, I think, is that I have pressured myself into writing "perfect" pieces. I'm harboring some notion that because I could (could, could) eventually try to monetize this blog then I must have some bigger, grander theme to it. (See entry: Show me the Money)But it seems that harboring that notion has not helped me become a better writer. Or at least it hasn't made me more prolific.

Maybe it's time to change my mindset. A little less of the "perfect", a little more of the me. That's what I always wanted anyway.

But just to make sure, come back next month and see if I manage to successfully churn out more entries.
write, darn you, write!
In the meantime, check out Candidly Pretty. It's the blog for DIY arts and crafts lovers. Oh, and by the way, she has no idea I discovered her "secret". ;)


Share: 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Stacey!!! I never would have known that you're the first in PCMC to discover my alter ego. :) I'm so glad that I stumbled upon your blog. Hope that you'll continue to write and share your new adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete

leave a message after the beep. *beeeep* :)