Saturday, May 14, 2011

vanity

I once told a friend that I consider myself a late-bloomer the female art of vanity (i.e. kalandian). While my contemporaries started discovering the aesthetic benefits of getting manis and pedis in highschool, I only started enjoying that little luxury years into my working life.

Make up was never an interest and hair styling was limited to a pony tail, a half-pony tail or just letting it down in all its messy glory.

I don't know exactly what happened. Maybe I finally hit puberty. But in the last few years I've paid a little more attention to how I look. Not to say I've turned all fashionista (a look in my closet will tell you that I would still be considered dowdy and safe by all the fashion forward women of the world.)

And thanks to the wonders of technology, I've actually started to learn make up basics via YouTube. Of course, watching how it's done and doing it well on yourself are totally different things. But still... it's a lot better than when I knew nothing.

Next on the agenda are false eyelashes and fake nails...

Just today I went into my regular hair salon for regular haircut and this is what I came out looking like. :D


me likey!



just for context, I do NOT have curly hair! :P

Hmmmm... it's not half bad, I say. Hahahahaha....
Share: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beep. *beeeep* :)