Monday, January 31, 2011

think less, be more

I was on a trip last week and I found myself surrounded by colleagues who kept discovering great finds while we were doing our regular trade visits. By day 2, pots and pans (on sale!) have been bought, new and interesting skin and hair care products were being tried and there I was, still picking up the same item at each store and still mentally debating if I should make the purchase.

My colleagues said I had great self control. No, this wasn't self control. This was me being boring.

For months I had been told I should wear skinny jeans because I had the right build for it. I was adamant that skinny jeans belonged in the 80's, along with the shoulder pads and the teased hair. 2 weeks ago, a friend finally got me to try one on.

Damn it, it did look good.

So as I stood there holding the same bottle of body wash for the nth time I had my eureka moment. My 2011 was going to have a theme: EXPLORATIONIt's time to start saying a little less "no" and a little more "maybe". 

I came home from the trip with a new bottle of hair treatment cream, body oil and the body wash. Put that together with the new pair skinny jeans I bought and I'd say I'm off to a good start.
Share: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

leave a message after the beep. *beeeep* :)